Friday, September 4, 2009

Fresh Figs, an Introduction

The other day, in a restaurant, I ordered something that I had no idea the what it would involve. It was called ensalada verduras (vegetable salad). It arrived in front of me, artfully arranged and making my mouth water. The center of the salad was a fruit that I am not accustomed to, but hazily recognized, as fresh fig. I had never tried fresh figs, and being in Spain and living life, I want to try everything at least once. Oh my god, pure pleasure ensued.

I cut off a wedge and slipped it into my mouth. It melted into my tongue and changed my life forever. Fresh figs are sex in fruit form. My ears were ringing, I couldn't wait for the next bite, and I may have been panting a little. It completely turned me on, mentally and sexually. I starting fantasizing in my head what I could do with figs; I speculated not only how to incorporate them into dishes but also the swarthy Spaniard that would feed them to me, letting me suck the sticky insides off his fingers after each bite. It left me wanting more, so much more, that I have spent the days since on high alert for figs in every market I encounter. I need a fix, soon, or I might have to turn to something other than fruit (also known as strangers in bars, which I really wouldn't be opposed to either).

To introduce myself, I'm S. and I am living in Barcelona for the year, studying abroad. I'm American, but I've always had a taste for adventure, and this year will the an ode to that. I'm going to put here what the readers of my other travel blog cannot handle: my life in Spain in excruciating, vulgar detail. So far I've been here almost 2 weeks, and the adventures have been somewhat dull, mostly due to my desire to get over jet lag and the prospect of being here for a year; I have plenty of time to go crazy, I needed to reset and rest my body first. Also, I have class everyday at 9A, and I am not a morning person. I'm over my jet lag now, and have some prospects for fun and excitement, and maybe even for sex. I'll mostly focus on food and sex and things out of the ordinary, so if I haven't posted in awhile, it probably means I need to go out and get laid. Hopefully, I'll be posting soon, but until then, try something new everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment